Instant ragi dosa recipe (red millet)
ragi is rich in calcium and extremely good for vegans and vegetarians. ragi is the best source of calcium. 100 gms of ragi contains approx 350 mg of calcium. ragi also has some essential amino acids which are required by the body. ragi is easily digestible and very nutritious.
women should have a good amount of calcium in the diet as with age and deficiency of calcium, the bones become porous and cause problems.
the recipe here is a no grind ragi dosa recipe and very easy. it does not require you to grind anything. you just have to mix everything. and then start making the dosas.
ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup ragi flour or sprouted ragi flour ( i used organic sprouted ragi flour)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut or fresh coconut
- ½ cup curd
- salt as required
- water as required
- oil or ghee as required for preparing dosa
how to make the recipe:
- take the ragi flour or sprouted ragi flour in a bowl or pan.
- add the dessicated coconut to it.
- then add the curd and salt.
- add water to the mixture and start to mix everything well.
- the batter should be slightly thin than the regular dosa batter. keep this batter covered for 30 minutes.
- on a medium hot tava or griddle pour the batter with a help of a ladle and spread it slowly.
- sprinkle some oil/butter/ghee on top. flip and cook the other side. cook the ragi dosa, the way you cook dosas at home.
- serve the ragi dosa with any vegetable dish, sambar, dal or any chutney.